Ducati DesertX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Desert X 2022
38 Posts
The cost to just carry that extra 100 miles and as you say limit luggage isn’t happening for me as I’m glad to stop an find fuel every 200+ miles than pay silly money for the extra 7litres tank sat behind me , but I’m sure in time someone will bring out pannier rails that sit alongside the rear tank , just a waiting game from suppliers to bring accessories out 👍

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm just as irritated as everyone else. I bought the aux tank and it's sitting in my garage, scheduled to install on Nov. 15, next week. I tried returning or selling, but none panned out, so I'll bite the bullet and install...

I have a mosko moto reckless 40, and the tank is way to wide for the reckless to work. I'm going to try to make an adapter. If I'm successful I'll post it here

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm just as irritated as everyone else. I bought the aux tank and it's sitting in my garage, scheduled to install on Nov. 15, next week. I tried returning or selling, but none panned out, so I'll bite the bullet and install...

I have a mosko moto reckless 40, and the tank is way to wide for the reckless to work. I'm going to try to make an adapter. If I'm successful I'll post it here
I didn't realize the auxiliary tank would even interfere with the R40. Dang. That was my backup plan.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That was my back up plan as well, although with the Mosko Reckless 80. Glad I'm finding out all these bits of info BEFORE l buy a DX.
The aux tank is a nice bit of bling, but an 8 litre / 2 gallon fuel bladder is way better as it can be emptied into the main tank at any time. Not just when the main tank is low.
Then you can run the Mosko luggage.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I’d be really interested in your “real-life” experience with the tank. Unclear how it actually functions from the manual- do you have to stop to transfer the fuel, do you have to wait until the main tank is on reserve, I’m guessing it has to be filled separately since it has a filler? Is something missing on the left hand tank? That looks strange. Thanks for your input!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts