Ducati DesertX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just got a Baja Designs Squadron Pro lights kit and I'm starting on planning how to install it. Ideally, I'd like it to work similar to the OEM aux light (2 seconds button hold on fog light button).

Does anybody know where the connector for the switch is located and how to access it? The Baja Designs kit comes with a relay for turning the light on/off. I understand I might need the dealer to enable the fog light function.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just installed factory Ducati auxiliary lights and there is one on each side towards the lower section of each fairing. The big giveaway is that they are attached to blanks and folded. I'm assuming that you could tap and splice into those wires but as far as where those wires run into, no clue.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw the instructions for the OEM lights. Those wires provide power to the lights, but I don't think they would be able to provide enough amps for the Baja Lights. The BD kit needs to be connected directly to the battery.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I saw the instructions for the OEM lights. Those wires provide power to the lights, but I don't think they would be able to provide enough amps for the Baja Lights. The BD kit needs to be connected directly to the battery.
Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Automotive lighting

When I owned the Ducati Multistrada 1100s, I bought a set of Denali lights and did the exact same thing. I tapped into those accessory wires, so it would only turn on when the bike was turned on.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I just learned something that I was struggling with...

Baja Designs come with a relay. 2 wires come from the battery (+ and -), and the other 2 are dangling. In all my dumbness, I thought the 2 dangling ones would turn the light on/off if you short them.

That's not how it works. You actually need to inject ~12V to it. So, one wire goes to negative, the other activates the relay if it has 12V. So, the only thing I need to do is to wire the auxiliary light power wire straight into the relay. When the fog light is pressed for more than 2 seconds, it will power those wires (I heard the dealer has to enable that feature though), consequently switching the relay.

This might be obvious to most of you, but I was totally getting stuck on this concept.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts