Ducati DesertX Forum banner

CAN-BUS Activation

1013 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  cleatus.maximus
I heard a podcast on Adventure Rider Radio (ARR) last week about an accessory you can buy to activate things likes heated grips, fog lights, etc, through the CAN-BUS system without having to go to the dealer. They spoke about it (ezCAN) as if it works for all CAN-BUS systems. But when I did some checking, it appears it only works on BMWs. Does anyone know of something similar for our Ducatis? I have a Multistrada V4S and Scrambler Fullthrottle in addition to a DDX. It would really be helpful for adding accessories and maintenance light resets.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
EZ Can works great on BMWs, but presently not on Ducati. I did read that Hex EX Can is working on device for Ducatis. Not sure of expected delivery date but it was mentioned on their website... Wish I had one now!
Reactions: 1
Here's the web page from Hex EX Can on the Ducati compatible device...

Attachments

Reactions: 4
you could try another option with Healtech Thunderbox

Reactions: 1
you could try another option with Healtech Thunderbox

Would this work with the built in on/off switch for the switch for the fog lights on Ducati desert x though?
The Thunder Box looks like a power distribution system only - in other words, its not accessing the Can Bus. Since it's not, I don't think it would respond to the built in on/off switch....
1 - 6 of 6 Posts