Ducati DesertX Forum banner

Center Stand options

9K views 63 replies 13 participants last post by  Toymaster 
#1 ·
Let's talk center stands. Are there any options available now? March 2023

I've had the OEM part ordered as long as I've had the bike ordered, received the bike and all other accessories late last year. Put on my accessories, bought a few more items to get ready for this year's riding season. The center stand is the only thing I would really like to have and don't.

SW-motech says they make one but seems to be backordered, tried to buy out of Europe but the retailer was doing a drop shipment (not the in-stock as the website showed), they canceled the order this morning. The SW-motech website says probably October of this year.

Any of you had any luck sourcing one? I just got an aluminum one for my T7, like half the weight, I'd love to find an aluminum one but as of now any would do.

#29 ·
^^^^^^^^^ I'm 9 orders past yours, asked for an update, I'm sure I'll get the same response. Probably cancel the motostorm order. I hate when retailers say they have stock and are just doing manufacture orders with drop shipping. Could be considered fraud if you ask me. That method works if there is actually stock somewhere.

Are you willing to knock on their door and see if they have one, buy it, then ship it here? I gots money.

#31 · (Edited)
Hang in there guys…. View attachment 896
Just got the same info from their customer service. However, the thought crossed my mind we are dealing with Europe and their writing of dates is different from ours. They list the day first then month vs. our month first then day. I've replied with that question for clarification. December 4th vs. April 12th makes a difference in my decision.

#52 ·
Has anyone installed the SW Motech center stand with the factory skid plate and crash bars? I was holding out for factory unit as I’ve had too many bad experiences with aftermarket stuff not working with factory addons but I’m tired of waiting too, dealer says September now (a year after I bought the bike!)

#53 ·
Has anyone installed the SW Motech center stand with the factory skid plate and crash bars?....
Aux tank and other stuff | Ducati DesertX Forum

Yes that all works together. The only issue I had was my decat pipe did not play well with one mounting bolt, had to swap to a shorter one. Others running different brands of decat pipe do not report clearance issues.

The SW Motech stand is quality and as light as you can go and still get the job done. Blends right in with the bike however the refinement of the welds is slightly lower than the ducati accessories.

#60 ·
It's all in the technique. The key is to have both wheels where they can roll, and to keep the momentum going rearward.
When using the centerstand the bike will move rearward 11" from where you start. I know it doesn't seem this far but I had to measure it for when I park/secure the bike in my trailer.

Use your body weight on the centerstand deploy leg and use the rearward momentum to get over the rough spot.