Ducati DesertX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Background on issue at hand
I am installing Ducati accessory heated grips on my desert X. The right hand side went easy. On the left hand side I found what looks like the plug on the RI connector (see blue above). I tried removing the plug but it is securely glued in place, almost to the point that it seems like they dont want you to remove it. I tugged on the plug with some needle nose pliers but all it did was to deform it. I stopped thinking I had the wrong plug. I looked around in that area hoping to find another plug, but this is the only one.

Note: the right hand side had a dummy plug end the was not glued that easily un clipped VS the left hand side which is totally glued and no sight of a dummy plug

Question
Has anyone run into this issue on the left hand side of the bike when installing heated grips? any advise?

Photograph Rectangle Organism Slope Font

· Registered
3 Posts
Are you sure you have the proper plug? I was able to access the connector w/o pulling the tank, but it wasn't the easiest to get at. I had to use a long pick (think dentist visit 😂) to get it out and accessible. It did have a plug, but again, the pick helped to release the plug. Also, if you have the proper connector, it will have a white tag on it indicating it's the heated grip plug. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts