Ducati DesertX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local Ducati dealership claims that after installation of the heated grips it has to be activated by them which is not a function you can do yourself according to them. Does anyone knows anything about this? I obviously installed the heated grip myself and the dealer wants an additional $150.00 to activate them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's what I've been told too. And I think that is the case with any accessory accessible from the controls, like bluetooth module etc.
I don't know about the costs of install, I've ordered those with the bike (still waiting for all the accessories so they are not mounted).

·
Registered
48 Posts
Carbon4us in Spain has great prices compared to the US prices. Any experience buying from them anyone?
It has been an absolute mess dealing with that company. I ordered my Urban Accessory pack which includes the top box, top box subframe, and handlebar bag. I ordered through Carbon4us expecting a speedy delivery because on their website it stated 24 hr - 7 days. I got the order like two weeks later and they sent me the top box with no subframe. There was no communication about a timeline on the delivery of the missing subframe. Almost, two months later and still no top case subframe. It supposedly arrived this past Friday at their facility, but I already and had delivered the subframe from Ducati NYC. It might be possible that your experience is different, but parts are hard to come by right now for the Desert X. So, I would NOT buy anything from them if you're expecting a speedy delivery. If you live in the US, I would call AMS and either order through them or let them point you in the right direction as they have access to inventory across the nation.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts