Ducati DesertX Forum banner

Hepco & Becker Engine Guard Install

1178 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  barry937
Just installed the engine guard, some tricky bolts but overall no issue.
Would have loved some torque data, as some of these large bolts needed very very strong torqueing (the one through the engine).
Crash Bars

Just for fun, created a timelapse video. Thanks Avi for lending me his garage, tools, and hands :)
Time lapse Video

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Fuel tank
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Plant
See less See more
Reactions: 2
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
How difficult did you find the install? I noticed you did not have to remove the headlight unit like the Ducati OEM bars, yes? Do they seem sturdy if you were to drop it on it's side? If you grab the crashbars and hold them bike can you feel them move? I ask as I'm looking at purchasing these but was curious about the durability or the ability to prevent damage to bike or "shift" if the bike was dropped on it's side. I don't mean like a free-fall from standing straight up, but a simulated falling over where the ride slows the momentum.

Thanks!
How difficult did you find the install? I noticed you did not have to remove the headlight unit like the Ducati OEM bars, yes? Do they seem sturdy if you were to drop it on it's side? If you grab the crashbars and hold them bike can you feel them move? I ask as I'm looking at purchasing these but was curious about the durability or the ability to prevent damage to bike or "shift" if the bike was dropped on it's side. I don't mean like a free-fall from standing straight up, but a simulated falling over where the ride slows the momentum.

Thanks!
I am no expert but they seem very sturdy. These guys make bars for many motorcycles many years, and have good reputation.
Looks great. How heavy were they? I really like their handlebar guards.

Automotive design Automotive lighting Automotive mirror Motor vehicle Automotive exterior
See less See more
never mind found it, crash bars are 12 lbs / 5.6 kg, about the same as ducati's.
Reactions: 1
1 - 5 of 5 Posts