Ducati DesertX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so today purchased my Ducati desert x only to find no insurance company in the uk actually knows what the bike is , when you go to the drop down bike model section of any company the bike just does not show up , anybody else had the same problem or if you have got insurance for it who was it with ...thanks ps I'm in the UK

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yep, I had the same problem, took me an entire day on the phone to get cover & cost me £230 to change, when I had just paid £220 in my for my Multistrada 1260 a couple of months ago! They said it because it’s a new model & there’s no information on costs to cover it & repair etc. as it was a ‘greater risk’ for them the underwriter said. It is what it is, had to pay it 🤷‍♀️ as I was picking it up the next day
I even went on to Ducati Insurance & they didn’t have it on the drop down list!! 😆

·
Registered
Desert X 2022
34 Posts
I initially went to Ducati insurance an it’s on their system but I wasn’t going to be robbed for my enjoyment.
I then contacted my current insurance (Bennett’s) again the Desert X was on their system and I insured with them for this year continuing my current policy .
Providing not many new bikes are stolen or wrote off in 12months then it will be much cheaper to insure next time , let’s hope the production/ delivery line is slow for customers in the uk 😜👍

1 - 3 of 3 Posts