Ducati DesertX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased all three panniers (Aluminum side panniers and Top box) and I'm confused why the key cylinder that the dealership gave me does not work for the top box. I was given 4 key cylinders and two out of the 4 worked perfectly for my side panniers. This leaves me with two key cylinders and none of them work for the top box. Can anyone confirm that they only received two short key cylinders with the notch on the end (see the second image)?  FYI, that second image is the image from the top box installation guide. 
Liquid Tin Fluid Tin can Cylinder
Automotive exterior Font Auto part Parallel Engineering

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Update:

I solved the problem with the tubulars. You will receive 4 tubulars from the dealership for your Desert X. Two of the tubulars are the same and they are for the side panniers. The tubular for the Top Box has the hole on the bottom of the tubular. The last tubular is for the auxiliary tank. I ran into the problem, where the tumbler did not fit the Top Box like the side panniers did. The side pannier tubulars just slid in and clicked in place. The top box comes with a plastic rotating piece, which you need to install, which means you need to break down the lock assembly to install. The picture with the grey Ducati key and plastic piece goes together but needs to be removed from the top box assembly to allow the tubular from Ducati's tubulars kit set to work. 
Wood Fashion accessory Font Auto part Hardwood

Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting

1 - 2 of 2 Posts