Ducati DesertX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I test drove this last week and ended up buying it. I'm not sure why I hadn't pursued this before now. It fit me like a glove and felt so good to ride, everything just felt like I had been riding the bike for months, so familiar. Soooo stoked! I'm from south east Idaho and am looking forward to Idaho, Utah and Wyoming BDRs. I'll pick it up in a few weeks.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system White

Wheel Tire Crankset Bicycle tire Bicycle handlebar

Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Light

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Motorcycle Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum @Norsman and congratulations on getting your DesertX! When you went on your test ride what sold you on the bike? were you looking at any other bikes?
I know it is near 500 lbs but I was hoping to get a lighter bike that had more off road capability. I took to an empty parking lot that had a lot of curbs, ramps, grass spots, etc. and played with the ride modes. The bike was very confidence inspiring.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats @Norsman, are you planning to do any modifications?
Yes, I think there will be a few more aftermarket options soon, but I may go with the Ducati off-road skid plate, Termi exhaust and tune, crash bars and heated grips.

Will add my mosko luggage and tank bag, Denali lights, Perun GPS holder, more aggressive tires. I think it needs a finned radiator guard to help prevent mud from clogging... I don't see a good option for that yet.

I may powder coat the crashbars, skid plate, handlebars and clamps and what ever silvery bits are easy... sort of a mild satin black.

· Registered
Desert x 2022
8 Posts
Yes, I think there will be a few more aftermarket options soon, but I may go with the Ducati off-road skid plate, Termi exhaust and tune, crash bars and heated grips.

Will add my mosko luggage and tank bag, Denali lights, Perun GPS holder, more aggressive tires. I think it needs a finned radiator guard to help prevent mud from clogging... I don't see a good option for that yet.

I may powder coat the crashbars, skid plate, handlebars and clamps and what ever silvery bits are easy... sort of a mild satin black.
Congrats with your choice buying a DX.
Concerning the gps holder:
Take a look at the evotech performance mount. Perfect fit on top of the standard display.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts