Ducati DesertX Forum banner

Pics with aux tank

4K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  TundraX 
#1 ·
Here are some pics with the aux tank and Mosko Moto 80’s.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I did it. I installed the tank, crashbars, skid plate all together. Took about 8 hrs. Really wasn’t too bad, I went slowly and double checked everything as I went. Only issue was the fuel line provided in the kit wasn’t enough. Not sure if they left some out, but I had to buy extra, about 4 ft. I think it’s worth doing it yourself, you take half the bike apart, but you learn where everything is.

#7 ·
Thanks for the pictures Mark. Can you confirm that no re-programming was needed for the bike to “recognize“ the aux tank and make it work? (Both the heated grips and the factory aux lights require reprogramming). I’ve got the rally pack, but now my dealer tells me they won’t install the tank because it’s not DOT/EPA approved - probably because I’m in California. I’m not worried about self-installing but want to make sure it will work when I’m done. Finally do you think the aux tank is easy to uninstall after you have installed? This was touted as a feature in the factory literature. Cheers and TIA… I’m up in Susanville if you need some fresh craft beer (Lassen Ale Works).

#10 · (Edited)
I’m installing mine now, and wondered if anyone here has installed theirs themselves.

Does anyone know which lock we use from the set that came with the bike to use with the tank?

I have an idea but the install instructions don’t make it clear. There’s a potential notch at the end of the lock in the diagram so I took a guess and used one of them that has a duplicate in the set. I’m just second guessing myself on the install because the section where it tells you to then turn the lock into the locked position (after setting it into the tank cap) is not working for me.

Edit: nvm, I had posted in another thread and got an answer: https://www.desertxforum.com/threads/key-cylinders-for-panniers-update-resolved.52/post-167