Ducati DesertX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Yeah I don't have too many offroad miles on tubeless tires but 1000s of hours of offroad tube type tires...never had a sidewall problem in my life. I guess it could happen but is probably exceedingly rare. But I don't really know. I've changed hundreds of tubes.

And I haven't changed one of these tires yet...I wonder if a wrapped tie strap and a CO2 inflator would even reseat the beed? Anyone know?

Lighter fluid and a match might be you're only option on the trail lol.

· Registered
11 Posts
Yeah…wanting to hide under a rock after over-thinking that one. Didn’t even consider it would be a simple 12 point socket. I found this on Amazon: Rear Axle 36MM Wrench 4882 Rear Wheel Axle Torque Wrench Hand Tools Similar to HD-47925 https://a.co/d/g02r9C3
View attachment 191
What will be very interesting is how one be able to undo/tighten up to the required 180nm of torque...

· Registered
11 Posts
I think that is the limiting factor. I have one of these from a stellar tool kit company just for motorcycles. This allows you to torque over 200nm with a very small tool.

View attachment 323
I was thinking along the lines of how one generates this type of torque out on a ride somewhere. We sometimes wonder off into the wilderness where there is no assistance and we carry all we mat need on the bike. Will need some serious leverage to undo/tighten to that torque. Nice compact torque tool that is 👆👍

1 - 12 of 12 Posts